It’s Time for our Clocks and Loops to
Daylight savings time begins
- Second Sunday in March at 2 am (US)
- Last Sunday in March at 1 am GMT (Europe) …
Here is a Quick Tip on how to keep Looping when you Spring Ahead!
On the morning of your time zone change,
- Go into Settings / Pump / Scroll down until you find “Change Time Zone”
- Tap “Change Time Zone” to synch your pump to your iPhone
For most people, this hour difference in basal rates won’t make much difference; but others have drastically different rates at certain times and that hour difference can be important.
Special Note for FreeAPS Users
Time Zone Bug
- If you viewed your Insulin Sensitivities screen while your pump and iPhone time zones are out of synch, FreeAPS will crash and you will not be able to open it again
- The latest version FreeAPS is fixed – build it as soon as possible and you won’t need to worry about this
- If it happens to you and you can download and build the latest version, it will fix the problem
- This can happen if the time is changed for any reason, including routine travel
- If your app crashed before you read this Quick Tip, you can recover without needing to rebuild